This is a general FAQ, please feel free to email User:Fasih at fasih dot 1 at osu dot edu with your questions.
A few basic ideas behind the wiki collaboration platform is that it is web-accessible and editable by anyone with an account. The editing process is key to a wiki, so feel free to click on the "Edit" button at the top of any page to see the wikitext. Note the buttons above the editbox and the syntax for doing other things like bullets.
New pages are easy to create: adding [[SomethingLikeThis]] in the editbox leads to something that looks like: SomethingLikeThis. Red links mean that the page has a pointer to it somewhere but is otherwise empty, and clicking on it will enable you to add content to it.
Make a few changes, click "Show preview," and if you like your changes, click "Save page." All edits are version controlled, so even if you make a mistake, it can be easily undone. You can play with your own User page to get the hang of it. Once you log in, it is the first link on the top-most row of links, before "my talk."
The ATE MURI wiki URL is: http://projects.csail.mit.edu/atemuri/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Get a username or, why can't I edit anything?
You need a username and password to log in, and you need to be logged in to edit any pages or upload any files. Contact me (User:Fasih) to set your login up.
Forgot your password
Click on the "Log in / create account" link on the top-right of the wiki page. Enter your username (usually FirstnameLastname), and click "E-mail Password" for a new password. If you don't remember your username, contact me (User:Fasih) and I'll look it up.
- Log in and visit a page you wish to edit, e.g., MURIPublications.
- Click the "edit" link at the top or anywhere along the side of the article.
- Add a bullet or a note giving some information about the file, within the context of the page you're editing.
- To insert media, click on the little trumpet icon above the editbox. A yellow tooltip will pop out saying "media file link" when you hover your mouse over this button, the fifth from the right. When you click it, the text [[Media:Example.ogg]] will be inserted into your editbox.
- Change the filename from "Example.ogg". It doesn't have to be the same as the file on your computer, but you might include an extension (the .pdf part). Click "Show preview" at the bottom of the page to testdrive your changes. When all is well, click "Save page." Note that you don't upload a file to this page yet (this is done in the next step).
- You have created a link to your media file, but it is empty. It'll look like this: Media:Example.ogg. The red link means it is not 'connected' to a file yet. Simply click on the red link to go to the upload page.
- Go here to use bibtex style referencing for uploading papers to the wiki Help:Bibtexrefs