Don't misunderestimate confusion
- To: csail-related@
- Subject: Don't misunderestimate confusion
- From: Michael Oltmans <moltmans@>
- Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:59:24 -0400
- Cc: gsb-announce@
Many things in life are misunderstood. Our labs and research are no
exception. For lack of further creativity, I will present a top N list
(we'll see how many we can come up with).
1) You don't want to wait for facilities to come when your VM needs
2) Random access memory is anything but random (at least on a good day).
3) Cog has not left the lab to collaborate with Johnny #5 or Arnold
4) Google needs researchers for Information retrieval, *not* data recovery.
5) Our lab does not have mice, we use mice to control our computer
pointers. On second thought, that's not true, we have both. In fact,
one just ate my fortune cookie. (which is, as the French say,
6) Nobody in our lab studies Artificial Insemination (AI).
7) LSC shows movies, LCS plays with computers
8) GSL is a lunch GSB is a benefit
9) And the number 1 (aka 9) misconception is: "Oh, you do AI at MIT? I
saw you on TV and heard you on the radio. You're in that Media Lab
girl scout benefit -+- 5:30 pm -+- 32-G9 lounge
For those coming from elsewhere: Building 32 is
Once you are in 32, just take the G-elevator to the 9th
floor and we will be in the lounge that you will be looking at
Csail-related mailing list
Brought to you by the few, the proud, the owners of the closest shorn
yaks, the den-mothers at csail
Last updated: Fri Feb 22 19:38:53 2008