Categories and Subject Descriptors: F.2.2 [Analysis of Algorithms and Problem Complexity]: Nonnumerical Algorithms and Problems
General Terms: Algorithms, Theory
Additional Key Words and Phrases: Competitive algorithms, computational geometry, gallery tour, L1 metric, on-line algorithms, polygon with obstacles, shortest path
- Avrim Blum, Prabhakar Raghavan, and Baruch Schieber. Navigating in unfamiliar geometric terrain. SIAM Journal on Computing, 26(1):110-137, January 1997.
- Wei-pang Chin and Simeon Ntafos. Optimum watchman routes. Information Processing Letters, 28(1):39-44, 30 May 1988.
- Xiaotie Deng, Tiko Kameda, and Christos Papadimitriou. How to learn an unknown environment (extended abstract). In 32nd Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pages 298-303, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 1-4 October 1991. IEEE.
- Xiaotie Deng and Christos H. Papadimitriou. Exploring an unknown graph (extended abstract). In 31st Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, volume I, pages 355-361, St. Louis, Missouri, 22-24 October 1990. IEEE.
- Anna R. Karlin, Mark S. Manasse, Larry Rudolph, and Daniel Dominic Sleator. Competitive snoopy caching. Algorithmica, 3:77-119, 1988.
- Howard Karloff, Yuval Rabani, and Yiftach Ravid. Lower bounds for randomized k-server and motion-planning algorithms. SIAM Journal on Computing, 23(2):293-312, April 1994.
- Daniel D. Sleator and Robert E. Tarjan. Amortized efficiency of list update and paging rules. Communications of the ACM, 28(2):202-208, February 1985.