Additional Key Words and Phrases: secondary storage, disk storage, queueing model, queueing analysis, scheduling, file organization, input/output, state-dependent queues, imbedded Markov chain, steady state analysis, system design
Selected papers that cite this one
- Matthew Andrews, Michael A. Bender, and Lisa Zhang. New algorithms for the disk scheduling problem. In 37th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pages 550-559, Burlington, Vermont, 14-16 October 1996. IEEE.
- C. C. Gotlieb and G. H. MacEwen. Errata: ``Performance of movable-head disk storage devices''. Journal of the ACM, 22(1):172, January 1975.
- Joseph Abate, Harvey Dubner, and Sheldon B. Weinberg. Queueing analysis of the IBM 2314 disk storage facility. Journal of the ACM, 15(4):577-589, October 1968.
- H. Frank. Analysis and optimization of disk storage devices for time-sharing systems. Journal of the ACM, 16(4):602-620, October 1969.
- D. P. Gaver, Jr. Probability models for multiprogramming computer systems. Journal of the ACM, 14(3):423-438, July 1967.