Additional Key Words and Phrases: pseudorandom numbers, Lehmer, Tausworthe, feedback shift register, linear recurrence mod 2, primitive polynomial, GF(2), tests of randomness, lattice, wave properties, Fourier analysis, Kendall's algorithm
Selected papers that cite this one
- Srinivas Aluru. Lagged Fibonacci random number generators for distributed memory parallel computers. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 45(1):1-12, 25 August 1997.
- R. R. Coveyou and R. D. Macpherson. Fourier analysis of uniform random number generators. Journal of the ACM, 14(1):100-119, January 1967.
- M. Donald MacLaren and George Marsaglia. Uniform random number generators. Journal of the ACM, 12(1):83-89, January 1965.
- J. P. R. Tootill, W. D. Robinson, and A. G. Adams. The runs up-and-down performance of Tausworthe pseudo-random number generators. Journal of the ACM, 18(3):381-399, July 1971.
- J. P. R. Tootill, W. D. Robinson, and D. J. Eagle. An asymptotically random Tausworthe sequence. Journal of the ACM, 20(3):469-481, July 1973.
- Neal Zierler. Primitive trinomials whose degree is a Mersenne exponent. Information and Control, 15(1):67-69, July 1969.
- Neal Zierler and John Brillhart. On primitive trinomials (mode 2), II. Information and Control, 14(6):566-569, June 1969.