Additional Key Words and Phrases: trees, binary trees, search trees, path length, total path length, bounds
Selected papers that cite this one
- S. V. Nagaraj. Optimal binary search trees. Theoretical Computer Science, 188(1-2):1-44, 30 November 1997. Tutorial.
- J. Nievergelt and E. M. Reingold. Binary search trees of bounded balance. SIAM Journal on Computing, 2(1):33-43, March 1973.
- Roberto De Prisco, Giuseppe Parlati, and Giuseppe Persiano. A note on the expected path length of trees with known fringe. Information Processing Letters, 59(6):309-315, 23 September 1996.
- Alfredo De Santis and Giuseppe Persiano. Tight upper and lower bounds on the path length of binary trees. SIAM Journal on Computing, 23(1):12-23, February 1994.
- Thomas N. Hibbard. Some combinatorial properties of certain trees with applications to searching and sorting. Journal of the ACM, 9(1):13-28, January 1962.