Additional Key Words and Phrases: nondeterministic algorithm, normal form, tree, operator-operand structure, recursive definition, conditional expression, call-by-value, call-by-name, recursion theorem, lambda caluclus, Church-Rosser theorem
Selected papers that cite this one
- J. W. De Bakker. Least fixed points revisited. Theoretical Computer Science, 2(2):155-181, 1976.
- Erik Barendsen and Marc Bezem. Polymorphic extensions of simple type structures. With an application to bar recursive minimization. Annals of Pure and Applied Logic, 79(3):221-280, 24 June 1996.
- Marc Bezem, Jan Willem Klop, and Vincent van Oostrom. Diagram techniques for confluence. Information and Computation, 141(2):172-204, 15 March 1998.
- Bruno Courcelle. A representation of trees by languages I. Theoretical Computer Science, 6(3):255-279, June 1978.
- Bruno Courcelle. A representation of trees by languages II. Theoretical Computer Science, 7(1):25-55, August 1978.
- D. Dolev, S. Even, and R. M. Karp. On the security of ping-pong protocols. Information and Control, 55(1-3):57-68, October/November/December 1982.
- Bernhard Gramlich. On termination and confluence properties of disjoint and constructor-sharing conditional rewrite systems. Theoretical Computer Science, 165(1):97-131, 30 September 1996.
- Richard Kennaway, Jan Willem Klop, Ronan Sleep, and Fer-Jan de Vries. Transfinite reductions in orthogonal term rewriting systems. Information and Computation, 119(1):18-38, 15 May 1995.
- Vincent van Oostrom. Developing developments. Theoretical Computer Science, 175(1):159-181, 30 March 1997.
- Barry K. Rosen. Correctness of parallel programs: The Church-Rosser approach. Theoretical Computer Science, 2(2):183-207, 1976.
- Masahiko Sakai and Yoshihito Toyama. Semantics and strong sequentiality of priority term rewriting systems. Theoretical Computer Science, 208(1-2):87-110, 28 November 1998.
- Ravi Sethi. Testing for the Church-Rosser property. Journal of the ACM, 21(4):671-679, October 1974.
- Rakesh M. Verma. A theory of using history for equational systems with applications. Journal of the ACM, 42(5):984-1020, September 1995.