Additional Key Words and Phrases: pseudorandom numbers, random number generators, Tausworthe generators, pseudonoise sequences, shift register sequences, random number analysis, $k$-distribution, equidistribution, multidimensional uniformity of distribution, finite fields, Galois fields, GF(2), GF($2^n$), primitive trinomials, polynomial elements, decimation, linear recurrences, Abelian groups
Selected papers that cite this one
- T. G. Lewis and W. H. Payne. Generalized feedback shift register pseudorandom number algorithm. Journal of the ACM, 20(3):456-468, July 1973.
- Gregory J. Chaitin. On the length of programs for computing finite binary sequences. Journal of the ACM, 13(4):547-569, October 1966.
- R. R. Coveyou and R. D. Macpherson. Fourier analysis of uniform random number generators. Journal of the ACM, 14(1):100-119, January 1967.
- Per Martin-Löf. The definition of random sequences. Information and Control, 9(6):602-619, December 1966.
- J. P. R. Tootill, W. D. Robinson, and A. G. Adams. The runs up-and-down performance of Tausworthe pseudo-random number generators. Journal of the ACM, 18(3):381-399, July 1971.
- Neal Zierler. Primitive trinomials whose degree is a Mersenne exponent. Information and Control, 15(1):67-69, July 1969.