Categories and Subject Descriptors: E.5 [Files]; H.3.2 [Information Storage and Retrieval]: Information Storage; H.3.3 [Information Storage and Retrieval]: Information Search and Retrieval
General Terms: Measurements, Performance
Additional Key Words and Phrases: Databases, sampling
Selected papers that cite this one
- Dan E. Willard. Application of range query theory to relational data base join and selection operations. Journal of Computer and System Sciences, 52(1):157-169, February 1996.
- Kenneth L. Clarkson. A probabilistic algorithm for the post office problem. In Proceedings of the Seventeenth Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pages 175-184, Providence, Rhode Island, 6-8 May 1985.
- Kenneth L. Clarkson, Herbert Edelsbrunner, Leonidas J. Guibas, Micha Sharir, and Emo Welzl. Combinatorial complexity bounds for arrangements of curves and surfaces. In 29th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pages 568-579, White Plains, New York, 24-26 October 1988. IEEE.
- Walter Cunto and J. Ian Munro. Average case selection. In Proceedings of the Sixteenth Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pages 369-375, Washington, D.C., 1984.
- Jeffrey Scott Vitter. Analysis of the search performance of coalesced hashing. Journal of the ACM, 30(2):231-258, April 1983.
- Dan E. Willard and John H. Reif. Parallel processing can be harmful: The unusual behavior of interpolation search. Information and Computation, 81(3):364-379, June 1989.
- Andrew C. Yao and F. Frances Yao. The complexity of searching an ordered random table (extended abstract). In 17th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pages 173-177, Houston, Texas, 25-27 October 1976. IEEE.